“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” -Buddha

February 22, 2010

EXTRA! EXTRA!

WOW.... that about sums up the day! I'm completely over-whelmed right now, or in shock... I haven't quite decided yet! Probably both....

So here is the "play-by-play"...I stayed at my mom's in Kaysville last night. I don't know why I keep doing this on Sunday nights because I have class in Logan at 8:30. The class is Writing and it's by far my favorite class right now. I had forgotten how much I really love to write and just how healing it can be! (I just had a spider come crawling across my keyboard and nearly threw my laptop out the window. It was this little brown creepy thing. Pretty sure it was plotting an attack on my fingers. Which would have most likely killed me. I smashed him with my glass of water, then threw up a little) So writing, it is fantastic. Which leads me to my first big news of the day, it's now my major. What I'm doing with it.... I haven't quite decided, but I'm so excited about this! Dream JOB: Writing for a magazine. I realize how much talent and luck it takes to get a magazine job though, Luck being a key factor, the right recognition and knowing the right people. If I haven't fallen upon any such luck at the end of my BA program, I'll go to graduate school in marketing instead of writing. It's a win-win situation and I feel so confident about it right now. We'll see what tomorrow brings! 
BIG NEWS number two! My mom is for sure moving back to California. I'm not ready to think about this so that's all I'm saying. I'm being selfish for the night. I'll be happy for them tomorrow. 
After a few hours at work I had a phone call from one of my  best friends and she is getting 
MARRIED!!  I couldn't be happier for her! (I'm not saying who this is until she has had a chance to spread the news on her own.) If anyone deserves so much happiness though, it's this girl! That's not even the best part, okay maybe it's the best part, but there is this other really great part! I am going to be her maid-of-honor! I'm completely honored to fulfill this duty. Plus, I'm going to throw the best Bachelorette Party ever! Ladies... prepare yourselves. 
Okay, good news, bad news (well bad for me), good news.... I hate just bad news, so this one is a combination. Phat Lashes is closing. Well... merging with Valhalla. I have the option though, if I want to "merge" or take my clientele and move to another salon/spa. Valhalla is sounding like the right choice and front-runner right now. This is a BIG change. I had no idea until tonight. I'll give more details when I know them. 
I'm leaving this slightly open-ended tonight.... I'm exhausted and the day went from 7:00am-10:00pm before I actually made it home and allowed this all to sink in. I actually don't think any of it has sunk in yet. It's all fighting to though and we can hope it does before too long! 

Goodnight peeps! ....and yes I just called you all peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment