“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” -Buddha

January 17, 2011

For you, Dr. Cooper.


My name is Cheneil Leavitt and this is my first semester as a sophomore. I'm still toying with what I'm going to be when I grow up. I'm pretty set on majoring in JCOM, and most likely in journalism. I'd love to find a way to combine writing and some other kind of art. So, I'm hoping to minor or do an emphasis in interior design, or photography, giving me a better background to work with a magazine or website in either field. I suppose what I'm really saying is.... I need to talk to an advisor and figure it all out!
If you are trying to spot me out in class, I'll probably be sitting somewhere near the front. (I get sidetracked if I don't.) I'm just about to turn 23, have long dark hair and will be wearing the most comfortable thing I could find; toting the same red backpack I've had since I was a junior in high school. 
I am a mother to a pretty amazing three year-old girl, Presley, and spending time with her is currently my favorite hobby. Together we love to read, color, build outstanding play-doh sculptures and extreme block towers, jog to the park (weather-providing), and of course, play dress-up. My personal hobbies include reading, yoga, writing, cooking, snowboarding, creating things, and enjoying time with friends and family. I was proposed to by a pretty awesome guy last July, so wedding planning is also a current time-consumer, and it has turned me into a wine-enthusiast! We haven't set a date yet, but Presley and I have dresses and he has a suit, so we're ready!
Between work, school, and being a mother I usually have to get my news on the go. NPR, news-sites, and news apps on my phone are my go to sources. NPR is where the majority of my news comes from because I live in Fielding and spend about an hour and a half commuting everyday. 
So, that's me in a nutshell! I'm looking forward to the class and if you need to contact me my phone number is (818) 519-0378, and my email is Cheneil.Leavitt@gmail.com.

Presley and I
Matt and Presley


No comments:

Post a Comment